Five outdoor projects to boost your home’s worth in the market.
Today, we’ll explore outdoor projects that yield the best return on investment:
1. Standard lawn care. This involves maintaining a weed-free, lush yard through regular applications of fertilizer and weed control. A well-kept lawn significantly enhances your home’s value. Even sponsored by a lawn care company, it’s a relatively low-cost investment, estimated at around $400 annually.
2. Landscape maintenance. This includes tasks like mulching, shrub pruning, and planting perennials or annuals. Fresh mulch can rejuvenate your landscape, even in areas with less appealing vegetation. It helps potential buyers see the potential for improvement without assuming excessive work.
3. Outdoor kitchen. While this is a higher-priced option at approximately $15,000, it’s best suited for homes at the right price point. An outdoor kitchen with features like a grill, stainless steel drawers, ice chests, a sink, and a concrete countertop can be a luxurious addition.
4. Comprehensive landscape upgrade. This involves adding elements like a front walkway, planters, flowering shrubs, and trees. Depending on your starting point, it can offer a 100% return on investment.
5. New patio. Creating an outdoor living space with a new patio is a more cost-effective alternative to a full outdoor kitchen. It enhances your outdoor living experience without the hefty price tag.
Ultimately, the choice of outdoor project depends on your goals, how long you plan to stay in your home, and your current landscaping. Consider these factors to determine the best investment for your property. If you need more tips on outdoor projects you can take for a lucrative sale or have any real estate questions, call or email me. I’m always happy to help.